University of Florida

Public Health

This license is also known as the mosquito control license and is required for Mosquito and Biting Fly Control pesticide applicators.

The Florida Public Health Pesticide License, also known as the "Mosquito Control License" is required for Mosquito and Biting Fly Control pesticide applicators.

Click here to get started. If you have any problems call FDACS at 850-617-7997.

The Florida Public Health Certification Exam requires a passing grade (70%) and a passing grade (70%) on the General Standards (CORE) Exam. This certification must be renewed every 4 years either by testing or with 16 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).

We offer testing the first Wednesday of the month. Examination scheduling arrangements MUST be made through the Mosquito Control Business Licensing office prior to taking the Certification Exams.

A helpful resource is the UF/IFAS publication Licensing of Public Health Pest Control Applicators in Florida


Cost of test: Cost of license: Cost of renewal:
Free Free Free


CEUs needed for license renewal:

Renewal period:

  • 12 CEUs in the Public Health Category plus
  • 4 CEUs Core
  • 16 total CEUs
  • Every 4 Years

Note: 1 CEU (Continuing Education Unit) equals 50 minutes of classroom time.This is a State of Florida license issued by the Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement, a division of Agricultural Environmental Services. If you need more information or have a problem, call the Bureau at 850-617-7997, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.

Study Materials

The exam study manuals are:

These exam study manuals are available from the IFAS Bookstore in Gainesville, either by ordering online or by calling 1-800-226-1764. If you order with a credit card, you should receive the books within 4-5 days. The links above go directly to the manuals themselves.

Florida Pesticide Testing Information

Both of the required exams may be taken at your local county extension service office or the Bureau's Headquarters in Tallahassee, at any of the twelve regional entomologist / inspectors located throughout the State, and at certification workshops that are held regionally during the Spring.

Contact the County Extension Office in your county to determine if they offer Exam Prep Classes for this license.